P.E & Sports Premium Funding
At Rivelin, we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children. We believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children.
Our Primary School Sport’s Funding will enable us to continue and extend our provision through additional sports professionals, giving our children opportunities they would not normally have and training our staff to deliver in-house quality PE sessions.
PE and Sport Premium Funding
We have welcomed the Government’s announcement in June 2013 to provide additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. We are committed to using this resource in developing high quality PE lessons, alongside greater
opportunities for sporting competitions and clubs for all our children. Each school will receive £16,000 plus an extra £10 per pupil each year for the next two years - here at Rivelin Primary School that will mean around £19,140 a year. In order to get the best value, maximum impact and meet the government guidance it is imperative that we spend the money wisely and plan for sustainability. During this academic year we plan to use the PE premium in the following areas:
1. teacher training sessions on specific areas to help develop the quality of teaching through the Arches partnership (teachers to confirm areas for development)
2. After school clubs to increase PE and Sport participation (activities to vary based on pupil questionnaires)
3. funding transport to sporting venues (Competition, swimming, sports day etc)
4. playground markings to help with extra 30 minute activity
5. A full weekly programme for Sports Week